Monday, November 1, 2010

Life Thru the Macro: All a Matter of Opinion...

Sexy picture, I think, although I MOST definitely have a biased opinion. Some people LOVE that lumberjack, rugged look, and sometimes I do. Nate says it makes him feel more sophisticated. Personally, when I give him a kiss on the cheek, I prefer to ACTUALLY kiss his cheek as opposed to the prickly pear that his cheek becomes when he hasn't shaved in a few days. But, heck, it's all a matter of opinion.

Photobucket

Nate recently received a brutally critical comment from an observer that, in summary, accused Nate of 'being transparent'... among many other things. While taking MUCH more offense than Nate did to such an abrasive accusation, I later thought: 'That guy is absolutely correct.' Nate DOES wear his heart on his sleeve and he has nothing to hide. He IS transparent, thank goodness, because like ANY woman, I might be a bit more "cryptic" than I intend to be. With Nate, what you see is what you get, and what you get is enthusiasm, life, energy, laughter, ingenuity...

Whether "being transparent" is actually a criticism or a compliment, I don't know, but I think it's all just a matter of opinion.

6 comments:

Pappa Perkes November 1, 2010 at 5:44 PM  

There will always be critics, but . . .

“The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotion, spends himself in a worthy cause; who at best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who have never tasted victory or defeat.”

Cold and timid you are not!

--Pops

jeff heinz November 3, 2010 at 2:59 PM  

Nate should take that as a compliment! If more people were transparent (like Nate) and open to showing the world joy and enthusiasm for life.... you know, the world would be a much better place!
Saw Nate on Creative live, then met him in person at the WPPI event when he and Sachin sat next to me. I thought to myself, "now here are 2 young guys that have an infectious enthusiasm and happiness to them!"

Peace
jeff

Anonymous November 3, 2010 at 3:38 PM  

Definitely a complement...

Nate doesn't hold anything back, shares information, ideas and knowledge and is giving back to the industry so that we can all get better, together.

Mad respect!

Keep being transparent Nate.. We love it

Sachin

Sachin Khona November 3, 2010 at 3:38 PM  

Definitely a complement...

Nate doesn't hold anything back, shares information, ideas and knowledge and is giving back to the industry so that we can all get better, together.

Mad respect!

Keep being transparent Nate.. We love it

Sachin

Anonymous November 4, 2010 at 9:56 AM  

I cannot figure out this blog posting thing. It kept saying I already had an account but couldn't sign in...any way...I have to share my feelings. His comment I feel has little to with Nate and more to do with what this person is feeling inside. Usually when a person feels uncomfortable with someone else it has more to do with what they are feeling inside, whether an insecurity or something they are not ready to face or whatever and usually their insecurity/fear is masked with negativity and sometimes anger and it is projected on the other person. This person may be feeling insecure in their lack of openess, etc and are projecting on Nate. What Nate and you, Luisa, posess is strength of self, transparency, pureness and genuiness. These are strengths, no one is perfect but I feel if more people here on earth were more like you both this world would surely be a more kind, open, loving place.

That's my long winded 2 cents...

The new Mrs. Okcetin! :)

Anonymous November 4, 2010 at 9:58 AM  

Sorry for the misspellings! Trying to get used to my iPad;)

Nicole :0)

About This Blog

Hi,

My name is Nate. I am in love with a few things in life: my wife, taking pictures, the outdoors, summer, and food. I hope you enjoy some of my photography work on this Blog. Feel free to shoot me an email or leave a comment. Thanks!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP