Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Jeff, Blu and Anna

Meet Jeff, his wife Blu, and their adorable daughter Anna. Luisa and I have been friends with Jeff and Blu since we moved to Idaho, and I was excited at the opportunity to take their family pictures. I actually did a shoot of Anna last year, that you can see here on the blog...seems like FOREVER ago. It took Anna about, lets see...3 seconds to warm up to the camera.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Anna was such a natural in front of the camera. Here, Blu and I were telling her to open her eyes by saying, "Big eyes". She was awesome at opening her eyes, along with her mouth.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I LOVE this time of year in Boise. Gorgeous lighting, beautiful colors, great location and awesome family. Life is good!
Photobucket
Photobucket
So Anna is three, as you can see here, and can make about every expression in the book. She put my camera to the test as she'd literally second after second pull a new expression at the camera.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Here's just a FEW example of those expressions. Like, "What are you talking about?" or "Cool...whatever!" It was honestly hilarious and I had to do everything I could to stop from laughing as she pulled expression one after another.
Photobucket
Photobucket
And of course, we had to throw some leaves.
Photobucket
Hope you all enjoyed! Have a great day!

9 comments:

Laura November 10, 2010 at 9:15 AM  

Her little '3' hand is so cute, and her Big Eyes face/open mouth - awesome.

Kate Perkes November 10, 2010 at 9:16 AM  

Oh she is so stinkin cute! Those eyes are something else. Great shots Nate!

Crissie November 10, 2010 at 12:51 PM  

Adorable! You captured such beautiful emotion!

Anonymous November 10, 2010 at 1:33 PM  

Wow this are awesome! So crisp and gorgeous colors, may I ask what lens did you use? very beautiful, congrats!!

Nate Perkes November 10, 2010 at 4:11 PM  

Thanks guys! All of the family shots (except the b&w where they're sitting in the grass) were taken with the 70-200. And all the shots (except the leaves throwing) of just Anna are with the 50mm usually at 1.4.

Nicole Peterson November 10, 2010 at 4:27 PM  

I absolutely love this little cherub. Want to put her in my pocket and carry her everywhere :)

Great to know that this session was done with the 70-200. I rarely use it for portraits because of the weight but it is such a great lens and gives beautiful results. Definitely need to use it more.

Katie Perkes November 10, 2010 at 8:20 PM  

Nate, I am your cousin Tyson's wife and I just have to say that I love your photography! You are such an inspiration and really know how to capture people just as they are! Your images are so beautiful.

Ken and Jen Perkes November 11, 2010 at 5:27 PM  

Very beautiful, Nate! Hard to pick a favorite, but my top three are [going from top to bottom and considering each grouping as a set]: 5th down, black and white of Anna--in her own wonderful world!; 9th down, family walking away--BEAUTIFUL!; and 11th down, family in the grass--wonderful light and texture!

I also love the Cliff Mautner-like photo of them on the bench with a lot of landscape over them [3rd down]; bright-eyed Anna [8th down to the right]; and the black and white of Anna throwing leaves. And finally, the 14th down, family at waters edge is very nice.

Great job!

--Pops

Montreal Glamour And Family Portait Studio by Hera Bell November 15, 2010 at 1:53 PM  

Fantastic shots.

About This Blog

Hi,

My name is Nate. I am in love with a few things in life: my wife, taking pictures, the outdoors, summer, and food. I hope you enjoy some of my photography work on this Blog. Feel free to shoot me an email or leave a comment. Thanks!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP