Sunday, November 7, 2010

Life Thru the Macro: Insights into Our Kitchen...

Aside from photography, Nate's other passion in life is food [except when he's alone]. To his tastebuds, EVERYTHING is "the most delicious thing" he has ever tasted. No matter if he burns his tongue on the first bite, he can't slow down enough to avoid burning himself on the second. Despite Nate's enthusiasm for my cooking, at times I've been tempted to take offense when he plainly states: "This isn't quite as good as my Mom's", but I know that with most 'Perkes Family' recipes, I'll never quite live up to that standard. I've accepted that fact, however, so: sorry Nate, but no matter what I do to them, I think my chicken enchiladas will forever be 'soggy'.

There is a particular recipe, however, that I have enjoyed attempting to 'perfect', although perfection is still just out of my reach. This is Nate's favorite cake in the world: The Ring of Coconut Chocolate Bundt Cake. I thought I might give you all an insight into our kitchen and every single one of Nate's birthdays:

Photobucket

He likes it so much, I can't even keep him out of the batter.

Photobucket

Here's to crispier enchiladas and many more 'rings of coconut' in the future!! You can find the recipe here.

2 comments:

Bree November 12, 2010 at 11:33 AM  

Luisa!! Thank you Thank you for linking this recipe!! I've been begging for it since you made us this YUMMY cake 2 summers ago!! Sounds like things are going so great for you guys!!! :)

Jeralyn November 13, 2010 at 9:42 PM  

Dearest Luisa! Buck says the same thing! "This isn't as good as my Mom's" & I think, well, go to your Mom's for dinner then :) And I completely relate with the "I probably won't quite perfect all the Perkes family recipes either: ;) We sure love you guys & miss you sooo much! SOOO happy for this little man on his way here... LOVED seeing your cute pregnant body the other night on Skype! xoxoxo

About This Blog

Hi,

My name is Nate. I am in love with a few things in life: my wife, taking pictures, the outdoors, summer, and food. I hope you enjoy some of my photography work on this Blog. Feel free to shoot me an email or leave a comment. Thanks!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP