Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Faruk+Nicole: Aruba Destination Wedding

I first met Nicole and Faruk on a shoot for Nicole's company in Costa Rica. Nicole had received a very amazing award in the company, and she, along with a few others, were treated to an amazing vacation in Costa Rica. I brought my wife with on the assignment and she and Nicole immediately became great friends. On the flight down, 30,000 feet in the air, Faruk proposed to Nicole over the intercom, and while in Costa Rica, I offered to shoot their engagements, which can be seen here.


I could not have been more happy and honored to photograph Nicole and Faruk's wedding in Aruba. It was a very small group, just close friends and family, which made it such a beautiful, personal and intimate wedding.

Luisa was with Nicole and her maid of honor, Jill.
Photobucket
Photobucket
While I was with Faruk and his guests.
Photobucket
Photobucket
The day was absolutely gorgeous, and being on the beach was simply wonderful. Here is Faruk with his Dad waiting for Nicole.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The lighting was absolutely amazing!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I'm so glad Luisa grabbed this shot of the entire ceremony.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
After the ceremony, Nicole and Faruk went around and hugging and thanking all their dear friends and family. It was beautiful!
Photobucket
And of course, I snagged them away after for a few minutes to get some of these shots as the sun was setting.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I'll end with this picture of Nicole dancing with her Dad, who is quite the dancer I might add.
Photobucket
Nicole and Faruk, thank you so much for bringing Luisa and me to Aruba to photograph your wedding. You guys are such amazing people and friends and will make the most amazing husband and wife.

6 comments:

Crissie November 3, 2010 at 2:47 PM  

Beautiful NAte!

SDM November 3, 2010 at 3:41 PM  

I feel like I just took a mini vacation... What I mean is your photos make me feel like I was there. Beautiful. Can you teach us how to create that sunset shot?

Anonymous November 3, 2010 at 4:16 PM  

GORGEOUS, gorgeous pictures. I know that Nicole and Faruk [COOL NAME!] will love them. Your work is magical, guys. It must have been hard shooting into the sun like that. You made it work! Kudos!

-Jess

Nate Perkes November 3, 2010 at 4:22 PM  

Thanks so much everyone! And @Stephanie, are you referring to the sunset pics with flash? If so for sure! I actually have a lot of blog post ideas from this shoot because a lot of the conditions were...tricky, but beautiful if used right. But it was such a blast and the couple is one incredible and amazing couple. That always makes for a greater a funner...more fun?...photo shoot.

Stephanie November 8, 2010 at 2:32 PM  

I have to agree with everyone else! These pictures are beautiful Nate! And I too would love to see a post on how you got some of your beach pictures. They are absolutely breath-taking!

Anonymous November 15, 2010 at 6:27 PM  

Awesome Pics of an awesome couple!

About This Blog

Hi,

My name is Nate. I am in love with a few things in life: my wife, taking pictures, the outdoors, summer, and food. I hope you enjoy some of my photography work on this Blog. Feel free to shoot me an email or leave a comment. Thanks!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP