Monday, November 29, 2010

Life Thru the Macro: Beaters Made for Lickin'...

My family has a tradition to go around the Thanksgiving Dinner table and say the things that we are most grateful for. MANY have accused that tradition of being 'tacky' and I must admit that in my youth I did my fair share of griping and groaning. But nonetheless, I am proud to say that due to the small amount of maturity that I have gained since leaving my parents home, I can now see the wisdom in my Mom's insistence of this tradition. As such, Nate and I wanted to share a few of the things that enrich our lives and for which we are truely grateful.

We are grateful for the unwavering support of our families.
We are grateful for a world SO BEAUTIFUL it is worth exploring.
We are grateful for modern technology and that it allows us to connect with YOU.
We are grateful for the world and culture of Photography- how it enriches our lives, provides for our family and that it lifts, challenges, intrigues and inspires Nate.
We are grateful for our little one... that he's healthy so far, that his heart is beating strong and that we love him so much already.
We are grateful for the free country in which we live that allows us the pursuit of our dreams and passions... that allows us the freedom of our faith.
We are grateful for the knowledge of a loving Heavenly Father and His mindfulness of every aspect of our lives.
We are grateful for the healthy bodies that both Nate and I take for granted, but that allow us to swim, ski, run, hug, work and dance.
We are grateful for the small things in life that awe us and make us smile: a warm breeze, a sunset, chocolate covered cherries, freshly fallen snow, dancing, laughter and music.
We are ETERNALLY grateful for each other; that we can be unconditionally loving as we witness each others lives.
And finally, we are grateful for beaters that are made for lickin'... that after cooking for hours and hours on Thanksgiving Day, that we could sit back and watch the enjoyment of our little niece Julia as she found delight in the 'sweetness' of life.

Photobucket

1 comments:

Kate Perkes November 29, 2010 at 12:24 PM  

Thats pretty much the cutest face ever...one that I am truly grateful for!! =) Cool post Wisa...

Loves!

About This Blog

Hi,

My name is Nate. I am in love with a few things in life: my wife, taking pictures, the outdoors, summer, and food. I hope you enjoy some of my photography work on this Blog. Feel free to shoot me an email or leave a comment. Thanks!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP