Monday, October 4, 2010

Life Thru the Macro: 65+ Years from Now...

More often than not, I don't know what I want... whether it be what to wear or what to order or what to watch; I can be very indecisive. But after a VERY stressful last week, I knew exactly what I wanted, and that was to spend all day yesterday in Benson, UT at Nate's grandparent's farm.


Photobucket

Nate and I spent the day being pampered by his adoring and adorable Grandmother. She fed us, wrapped us in blankets, encouraged us to nap and could divine our every need and wish. After we did take her up on a nap, we took a walk around the farm at sunset.... I collected a couple handfuls of fresh raspberries and Nate collected a beautiful assortment of images.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

For dinner that evening, Grandma served us the epitome of "hometown cookin' ": roast beef and potatoes, corn on the cob from the garden and WARM ROLLS with homemade raspberry jam. No exaggeration, I think Nate ate a WHOLE dozen all by himself.

Photobucket

More often than not, I STILL don't know what I want, but in the quiet peace, contentment and tranquility of that afternoon, I knew EXACTLY what I will want 65+ years from now: to be hand in hand with Nate, serving him a dozen warm rolls, fresh from the oven, smothered with homemade raspberry jam.

4 comments:

Ken and Jen Perkes October 5, 2010 at 5:17 AM  

I LOVE IT!!! It is so fun to see my kids experiencing what--when I was dating your mother--I called the PINK QUILT TREATMENT! And Luisa, you are indeed a wise woman, a woman of the same cloth as our sweet Grandma Lois. Thanks for this wonderful post and all the memories, smells, and tastes that it evoked! Love you guys!

Pops

Sachin Khona October 5, 2010 at 12:51 PM  

Great shots Luisa!!
Love the black and whites the most..
Well written too!
Lookin forward to more of your posts :)

Pam Rauber October 6, 2010 at 11:53 AM  

Splendid story and pics to compliment. What a great insight to your future.

M. Emmett Townsend October 7, 2010 at 6:44 PM  

You made me cry...

For joy not for sadness..

Thank you,

Brother Matthew Townsend (formerly of Portsmouth NH)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP