Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Larry+Katie Engagement Session

I know it's been said many times before, but I truly love what I do. For three main reasons: First, taking pictures is just fun and amazing, and hard and challenging, and rewarding, and crazy exciting. I love it! Second, people trust me to document some of the most important events in their life, and I'm truly honored to do so. MANY times during a wedding, I'll look down at my camera at the images that I'm getting, and it'll hit me how important it is what I'm doing and how important these images are to the bride and groom. Maybe I'm not putting out fires, or performing an emergency surgery to save someones life, but I get to document love. To record it through my eyes. To tell a story...THEIR story. And to me, that's pretty dang important, as it is to my clients. And third: I get to learn everyday how to love and live better through the couples that I photograph. I love being granted an intimate window seat to a couple's love story and romance. And in capturing that, I learn...and love even more.

Larry and Katie are why I love what I do; their love, their laugh. I loved this shoot. They love each other so much. They're happy. Like really really happy together, and I love that.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I love how much they laugh together, and how easily Larry can make Katie laugh. We laughed A LOT!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
And of course my blasted left eye. I'm right eyed. But for some odd reason I leave my left eye open when I'm shooting. My brain just kinda tunes it out, so I literally only see through my right eye. Minor problem...my other eye is left basically staring down whoever I'm shooting. No joke. It's bad! Lucky for me, Larry and Katie found it more humorous than deranged.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
LOVE this shot. You two are AWESOME!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Larry and Katie, thanks for laughing and loving like you do. I love it! You guys rock! Thanks for letting me capture your love through my eyes.

8 comments:

Victoria de Martigny October 19, 2010 at 10:00 AM  

Great shots Nate! Love reading your blog posts and the stories behind the images and what inspires you. You did a great job capturing the real, natural emotion between Larry & Katie and you picked some awesome locations for the shoot. Keep 'em coming!

R.E. ~ October 19, 2010 at 10:05 AM  

I love this session entirely! Captured so naturally, it shows love, love, love. Cute couple!
Beautiful location too!

Anonymous October 19, 2010 at 12:23 PM  

Thank you Nate they are beautiful! At least your eyes open all the way, take not of my right eye...lazy! AAAhhhhh! It was so much fun!

Kerrie Mitchell October 19, 2010 at 12:55 PM  

The eye thing! I do that too, but it was something I picked up from another photographer when I used to photograph formal portraits on cruise ships. Keeping that other eye open helps you to catch a blink, not sure how exactly but it works! The looking derranged part is just a downside!!

Loving the shots too! They look like they had a blast :)

Unknown October 19, 2010 at 7:58 PM  

Nate!! Nice work! I recognize all those spots! You do great work!

Audrey October 20, 2010 at 2:23 AM  

Love these images Nate :) Awesome work!

Kate Perkes October 20, 2010 at 7:54 AM  

Nate,
Love all the different angles you took in all these shots. There is hardly a picture that is centered or straight on. It makes it interesting to look at every picture. I was drawn the most to the one where Kate is looking straight at the camera and her eyes look fiercely green. WAY COOL!

Anonymous November 5, 2010 at 4:08 AM  

I just felt I relived a bit of their journey thru your eyes in these photos...just amazing!

Nicole Okcetin

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP