Monday, September 27, 2010

Introducing: Life Thru the Macro...

Throughout a young girls life, she receives more than enough advice, from reliable and unreliable sources alike, on who she should marry before she makes her final decision on 'the one'. While looking at a series of pictures that I found of Nate, a few pieces of that long forgotten advice came to mind:


'well grounded'...
Photobucket

'stable'...
Photobucket

'both feet on the ground'...
Photobucket

'down to earth'...
Photobucket
Grandma's favorite idiom might have been 'get your head out of the clouds,' but I prefer living my life with someone whose limits, dreams and goals well surpass the 'clouds' and even the stars.
Photobucket
It seems daily, I find myself MORE and MORE involved in the world of Nate's photography. For a long time now, Nate has been trying to get me to do a 'column', if you will, on his blog that would showcase a more intimate view of the details of our lives. Being his wife and best friend, I hope to show the side of Nate that I see on a daily basis. There is much more to him than can be seen strictly through the pictures that he takes. My view is the reverse of yours... I experience him first and his pictures second, while in juxtaposition, his blog uses his images as an expressionistic vehicle to represent himself, but that is not strictly who he is.

So here begins a Monday tradition: once a week I hope to create a link between what you see and what I see, even if my job is showing the gritty details. But honestly, sometimes only a Macro lens can make something as imperfect as our lives, look so beautiful.

4 comments:

Anonymous September 27, 2010 at 12:54 PM  

Great new feature to your excellent blog! I will look forward to hearing from Luisa on Mondays!

wr September 27, 2010 at 2:26 PM  

It's so fun to hear from both of you. Blessings on your business.

Jeff Heinz October 1, 2010 at 3:38 PM  

Awesome! Looking forward to all the awesomeness from team Perkes!

Laurina October 3, 2010 at 12:03 AM  

I'm just now watching the whole Wedding photography, creativelive online course with Jasmine Star... all five students are very inspiring, came by to check out Nate's blog... I absolutely love your idea of a weekly contribution to see Nate from 'the other side' ... looking forward to it :)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP