Tuesday, October 12, 2010

James+Shannon Wedding

When she was only 14, Shannon was the only girl of her age to attend Senior High Church Camp. Understandably, she was nervous about going alone, but really wanted to go...so she did. She got to the camp in McCall, and luckily found Rebecca, a friend she had not seen for a long time. She stuck VERY close to Rebecca, so close that Rebecca's boyfriend wasn't a fan, so he asked James to take Shannon away. James wasn't too excited about the idea...until he saw Shannon, and the two were inseparable for the rest of the week. Shannon came home all excited about her week at camp with James, and James went home and wrote in his journal that he was going to marry Shannon.

James and Shannon remained close friends for many years, keeping in contact from wherever they were, but they both felt the timing was never quite right. Until last year, James called and said that he had joined the Marines, and was going to be in Idaho before he deployed. The timing was right, and James and Shannon fell in love. While James was in Afghanistan, they talked as much as they could, and when James was able to come home, he proposed. Of course...she said yes.

I LOVED photographing this wedding. I loved even just being at this wedding. James and Shannon's love is so beautiful, and pure, and genuine, and REAL that you can see it just in the way they look at each other. I felt so lucky to be able to document their love, and their beautiful wedding day.

The wedding was held at Fox Canyon Vineyards just outside of Marsing, which looked out over the Snake River...it was a BEAUTIFUL day! Luisa got some BEAUTIFUL images of Shannon getting ready:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
James and Shannon didn't want to see each other before the ceremony, so I first took James and his groomsmen out...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
...and then Shannon and her bridesmaids.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Luisa grabbed this photo of Shannon that I LOVE...
Photobucket
The Ceremony was beautiful. As I got Shannon and her father coming down the step...
Photobucket
Luisa got James' reaction...
Photobucket
My view...
Photobucket
...and Luisa's
Photobucket
I love how much they just adore each other!
Photobucket
After the ceremony and family formals, James and Shannon let me steal them away for 20-30 minutes, which I LOVE, for a few of their own shots. The view was gorgeous!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
While I was getting this shot:
Photobucket
Luisa got these two!
Photobucket
Photobucket
and this one...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Luisa got this gorgeous shot of them walking up on our way to photograph at the vineyard.
Photobucket
Photobucket
The vineyard was so beautiful, and James and Shannon were being so cute with each other.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Luisa's angle...
Photobucket
James...such a gentleman.
Photobucket
The toasts were both hilarious and beautiful.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
James and Shannon, you guys are truly an amazing example to what love is really all about. Thank you SO much for letting Luisa and I there to document your incredibly beautiful day. You guys are amazing!




9 comments:

Kate Perkes October 12, 2010 at 5:00 PM  

Nate
Georgeous shots! So many good ones to choose from. But I think my fav. is of the bride and her face is in focus and her dress is not, and your standing above her, I also love the picture of her and her brides maids, I love the color, and I love the spacing. You can tell they are super inlove and I am sure that was the best part.

Ken and Jen Perkes October 12, 2010 at 5:54 PM  

Nate: I know I'm always saying this with each successive wedding . . . but this is your BEST WORK YET!!! You have beautifully documented this couple's incredible love and joy. There are too many AMAZING shots to single them out . . . but I can't help but comment on a few: All of the groomsmen shots are awesome; the first three black and whites of the bride are stunningly beautiful [way to go Luisa on the third one . . . and on the great photo of the groom's first look!].

The black and whites of the bride looking over the grooms shoulder and the groom looking over the bride's shoulder are classic! Again, nice job Luisa on getting the rarer look of the groom! It may be my favorite shot of the day! But then there is that amazing shot between these two--definitely a favorite!

Okay, there are too many to mention! I love Luisa's shot of them climbing up to the vineyard! [And I still have four or five more that are signature shots worthy of high praise!] Truly a beautiful couple! And a beautiful venue. You can feel so good on having wonderfully captured their beautiful day.

CONGRATULATIONS on a GREAT JOB!!!

--Pops

rags October 12, 2010 at 8:58 PM  

Lovely!

Tiffany Lauderdale October 13, 2010 at 12:07 PM  

These are fantastic.. as always!!!! I can't pick just one, they are all amazing!!!

Patricia October 13, 2010 at 12:20 PM  

I really love you're work. I saw you the first time at the workshop from Jasmine Star and I follow since then. So keep up the good work and thank you very much for the inspiration. A big fan from the Netherlands

Crissie October 13, 2010 at 2:14 PM  

Beautiful beautiful.

Jeff Heinz October 13, 2010 at 4:14 PM  

Stunning! Good Golly, i just love them all!

Jessi D October 13, 2010 at 4:16 PM  

Louisa is rocking my world!! Y'all are a great team.. Lucky :)

R and J Studios October 15, 2010 at 1:11 PM  

what a spectacular view! these images are gorgeous!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP