Monday, September 6, 2010

Happy Labor Day

A few weeks ago, I found myself in Vermont with my wife and her family. It was a perfectly timed, and much needed break in between photo jobs, and it was SO great to be in this incredibly green state again. Not joking there, the ENTIRE state is green. Rolling hills, beautiful forrest, gorgeous farms, and the cutest old New England towns with their little white churches and everything. It was beautiful.


We spent the weekend reading, playing games with the family, cozying up by the wood fire (not to be confused with the "flip-a-switch" fire), and canoeing and row boating (? is that a word) on Lake Champlaine. It was an incredible weekend!

I left Monday evening to catch my flight the next morning out to Seattle for the CreativeLIVE and Jasmine Star event. As I left Vergennes Vermont, the sun was setting, and there was an incredibly dark rainstorm in the mountains. The sun caught the rain and created one of the most spectacular double rainbows I've ever seen. I kept driving, blasting the only station I could pick up, "105.3 The Peak - World Class Rock", snagging a few photos with my iPhone here and there...nothing special. I finally decided to get out, ran in the rain into a very wet (and muddy) field in my shorts and flip flops with my D3s and fisheye. I started laughing out loud as I hopped around the farmers field getting soaked, thinking of the owner coming out waving a shotgun, yelling at me to get out of his property. Just one sec...snapped a few photos of the rainbow, then turned the camera around and snapped a few of me. I've been told that I always make faces into the camera. I don't know why I do it, I guess it's my way of feeling more comfortable in front of the lens. I'm quite happy to be in my normal spot, right behind the lens.
Photobucket
Happy Labor Day everyone. Enjoy your Monday!


3 comments:

Pam Rauber September 6, 2010 at 6:29 PM  

Hi Nate,
I met you on CL with Jasmine. I watched all five days. Love your work. You seem to be a very fun guy. Ask your wife then Maybe you should incorporate your personality in the three words you still trying to establish in YOUR brand.
I have your site in my favorites and look forward to following you AND your mother. I like your mother, shoot 2nd for my daughter.
Question, if you don't mind...I have tried relentlessly to place large photos on my "blogspot" to no avail. I have read the forums and see where many people like myself am unable to put larger photos on the page. Any tips? Is it your software?

Keep up the great work and your fun life.
Pam Rauber,
Atlanta,GA.

Nate Perkes September 6, 2010 at 10:38 PM  

Hi Pam!

Thanks so much! I'm so glad that you like my work. Getting larger images on blogspot is pretty easy once you get the hang of it. I resize my images in photoshop, but there are many programs that would be able to resize your image. For example, I resize mine to 750 pixels. I then upload it to photobucket.com. You can create an account for free, and then copy and paste the HTML code into my post. If this doesn't make sense, feel free to send me an email and I'll get you a more detailed instruction. Good luck!

Nate

R and J Studios September 7, 2010 at 1:48 PM  

Nate - i too am now reading your blog thanks to the creative live event...and im glad, your work is so very beautiful and im not sure I'd have ever seen it otherwise. PS - what a cute idea with the rainbow shots (love the last one)! I couldn't quite get wide enough on my 7D to take self portraits so I'm excited to see what I can manage with the 5D I picked up yesterday!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP