Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Missing Pants - Wedding Day

Hi gang,


What an amazing day yesterday, right!? I hope that you all were able to tune in and see the wedding. Hats go off to Jasmine and JD, who did an INCREDIBLE job yesterday. And Laura and Billy, who looked absolutely fabulous. I'm so happy for them, that their wedding was such a huge success. They're the funnest and cutest couple, and I can't wait to write more about them when I post the wedding pictures.
Photobucket
I just wanted to write a few notes from yesterday and post just a few "behind the scenes" pictures, but first...the missing pants. Oooh, those missing pants, how I loath you.
Photobucket
So I always try to pack light. Really light, and if I know I'm going to be shooting a wedding, I'll only be there one day at the wedding, so I only bring one pair of dress pants. Thursday night I got home on the highest high of learning and excitement with everything that had happened that day. Absolutely amazing day. I finished my blog post at about 1:30 AM, and decided to get things set up for the wedding the next day: Clean my lenses, load my Shootsac, format all my memory cards, layout my shirt, tie, and pants. Pants...I swear they're around here somewhere. Nope. I begin frantically searching for my dress pants, tearing my room apart. Nada. Perfect, it's 2:00 AM, and I don't have pants for the next day's wedding. Freaking out...just a bit now. Turns out they're hanging up, ready to be packed in my suitcase...at home.

Next morning, wake up...it's GO time. Without pants. Dang it. I find the closest store that might have pants: Men's Warehouse. I get there when they're opening, and amazingly, they're able to find me pants, tailor them to me, and I was walking out the door 20 minutes later. PHEW! I'm just glad that I didn't wake up that morning, go to get dressed an hour before I'm supposed to leave, and THEN realize I don't have pants. Count your blessings right?

Now, moving on, here's how everything worked. Jasmine and the CreativeLIVE team were SO wonderfully respectful to Laura and Billy and wanted to remind everyone that this was still an actual wedding of a real bride and groom. This being said, they obviously didn't want Jasmine, JD, and 5 other photographers all shooting at once, not to mention the camera crew filming everything. So the 5 students were all a tag team. We each had 40-50 minutes to literally be the backup shooter for Jasmine and JD. It was intense, and fun, and crazy, and exciting, and busy, and INCREDIBLE! Honestly loved it. The 40-50 minutes went by way too fast. It was so incredible to watch Jasmine in action! Wow, she's so amazing and on top of things!
Photobucket
So some things that were very much reiterated in my mind today:

KEEP CONTROL! Jasmine was AMAZING at keeping control of the situation. Wow, did you see her work her magic!? It goes to say again, if you are not confident, you're bride and groom will never have confidence in you. If you are not in control, then you're in trouble.

EVERYONE needs a JD. He was amazing yesterday and it was incredible how JD and Jasmine can literally communicate without words. He showed me the value of a great and reliable second shooter.

BRANDING...again, those three words of Jasmine's: Fun, Fresh and Fabulous. I could tell Jasmine was thinking of her three words the entire day.

Also she solidified the thought of same day slideshows. Wow, what an amazing way to create same day "Don Kings"! Plus, it means, the first images the bride and groom see of their wedding, are YOUR images.
Photobucket
I'll talk more about the wedding when I post the images from the wedding day, but the two time segments I got to shoot, were some of the getting ready shots, and then the first dance pictures. Too much fun! I hope you tune in today here, we're going to do a Q&A with the students and the Wedding Designer, and then Jasmine will be in at 3:00 to show her images. It'll be a fun Saturday.

Have a great weekend!

15 comments:

Unknown August 28, 2010 at 11:49 AM  

Wow thank you for sharing I always though I am the only person who forgets. Clothes, flys in a wrong airport etc. :)) thank you for sharing :) can't wait to see images

Trysha August 28, 2010 at 12:19 PM  

Thanks for sharing! I was so impressed how respectful and classy and amazing (and I know I"m not using the right words) everything was. It was not a "gimmicky, for the web" wedding. It really truly was a special day.

cassandra-m August 28, 2010 at 12:33 PM  

AWESOME POST! What a nice tribute to J* & JD. They are amazing (in my opinion) and it was nice to read all your wonderful comments. THANKS for sharing your day and thoughts and especially THE PHOTOS of your experience! HAVE FUN!

Jill Ison August 28, 2010 at 12:36 PM  

I've been watching and you're my fav student! Love your personality, i am sure you will go very far with photography.

KrisD Mauga August 28, 2010 at 1:08 PM  

It was great watching you all. What a fabulous experience for each of you. This is going to give all such positive exposure.Cheers!

Kerri August 28, 2010 at 1:11 PM  

I've been following your adventure this week, and just wanted to stop by and wish you all the best. I love your blog and your pictures are amazing! Thanks for a fun read, and ;) glad you got some pants in time for the wedding!
Kerri

wr August 28, 2010 at 3:22 PM  

What a day you all had! I cannot wait to see the photos! Thanks again for sharing so much!

Royce August 28, 2010 at 8:33 PM  

Great shots Nate. I hope this turbocharges your wedding career. You have some fantastic work.

Pete Arnold August 28, 2010 at 8:54 PM  

Hey Nate, great job with the Creativelive/jasminestar workshop. Photos look great. I also saw on your blog ghat you just did a bridal/model shoot with Jess in NYC... I went to Hs with Jess, you were right when you said how awesome she is. The world is a better place with all the humanitarian work that she does.

Anonymous August 29, 2010 at 8:10 AM  

Oh no! You forgot your pants! It sounds just like something I would do!

I loved hearing all of your behind the scenes; thank you so much for sharing. :)

sherry boles~ August 29, 2010 at 8:29 AM  

Great job...I've enjoyed the broadcast!

Juli L. August 29, 2010 at 8:53 AM  

Thanks for sharing! Sounds like a great time and what a wonderful experience.

Shannon Gray August 29, 2010 at 9:34 AM  

Thanks for sharing as well! It has been amazing to watch the whole process!! Great stuff!

Peter Hearl August 30, 2010 at 1:30 AM  

Great 5 days Nate, wish I was there, Jasmine Rocks. Good luck with your adventure as a photographer, it's great fun.

Rebekah September 8, 2010 at 3:11 PM  

Thanks for sharing all you learned and experienced while with Jasmine and the classmates. Your images of Billy and Laura all look so great. Love your work. :)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP