Thursday, August 26, 2010

Jasmine Star - Day 1

Hi there! If you don't already know, I was chosen to attend an INCREDIBLE 5 day workshop with Jasmine Star and the CreativeLIVE team that will be broadcast LIVE from http://www.creativelive.com/. You can check out a post all about it here. If you didn't tune in yesterday, I think they're running a "re-watch" until today's workshop starts, and if you haven't tuned yet, you're seriously missing out, because it's been incredible. Jasmine and her husband, JD...are absolute rockstars. They're absolutely amazing to be with. I have learned so much already and have about 9 pages of notes to go through.


First off, the team is amazing. The other 4 that were chosen to attend are so fun to be with and it's a blast to be able to experience it all together. Here we are the day before the workshop starts at Pike Place Market
Photobucket
Now here are the biggest things that I've learned so far:

First and foremost! BE YOURSELF! Jasmine is EXACTLY like she is on her blog in real life. Honestly, I felt like I knew her already before I came, and in a sense I did, because she keeps it real. Which is number 2. KIR...KEEP IT REAL!

Another HUGE point. Attract and repel. Don't try to please everyone, or you'll just end up being boring. Jasmine doesn't just get lucky with the coolest brides ever, she ATTRACTS those kinds of clients, and repels the ones that wouldn't be a good fit.

And then don't even get my started on branding. We'll talk a bit about this later. But all I can say right now for it is...holy cow, it's important.

Anyways, I need to leave to our second day of the workshop, so tune in right here: www.creativelive.com. Here's a picture of Jasmine and me at the end of the workshop...
Photobucket
...and one of Sachin and me from my iPhone, who can't believe that we're actually here. Crazy!
Photobucket
Happy Thursday! More pics and behind the scenes to come.

15 comments:

Trysha August 26, 2010 at 8:55 AM  

Your questions helped me so much! When you asked about where her clients were coming from, blog or website, I had that same question.
Thanks!

ChinasShopBull August 26, 2010 at 9:21 AM  

I've gained 2 awesome blogs in my Google reader from this set of live casts, J'Stars and yours. Keep on inspiring dude!

wr August 26, 2010 at 9:22 AM  

So excited for all of you! I watched most of the day yesterday and I learned so much. I can only imagine what it's like to actually be there. Looking forward to your future posts.

KELLI TRONTELL August 26, 2010 at 9:35 AM  

CONGRATS on getting chosen for CREATE LIVE! Very cool!

My family lives in Eagle, ID...and I just moved to Kalispell, MT! I am very familiar with Star!!! :)

Love your work! Just wanted to say HELLO!

Cahoon Studios August 26, 2010 at 11:13 AM  

I am so jealous! Congrats on being chosen. Ps I love your photography

cassandra-m August 26, 2010 at 11:17 AM  

Nate...THANKS FOR SHARING your experience. YOU ROCK for posting this.

cassandra-m August 26, 2010 at 11:20 AM  

PS...CONGRATS on getting chosen. YOUR VIDEO ROCKED!

estherjulee August 26, 2010 at 11:25 AM  

lovely blog & congrats!

nimi_foto August 26, 2010 at 3:30 PM  

Nate, your photos are great! What lens were you using for the engagement session on J*'s CL Wedding Photography?

Nickelle August 26, 2010 at 4:48 PM  

Nate!
I wanted to say Congrats on being one of the "Chosen"... it was meant to be. :o)
SO HaPPy for YoU & the person YoU are becoming! ~ What a talent!

Jessi D August 26, 2010 at 10:04 PM  

Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to see what you shot today. Wedding is tomorrow!!! Have fun.

Carrie and Troy Keiser August 26, 2010 at 10:47 PM  

It is a very cool thing creativeLIVE and Jasmine Star are doing with this workshop. Really been enjoying these last two days and looking forward to tomorrow.

Stacey M August 26, 2010 at 11:15 PM  

Awesome for you! It has been so fun to watch all of this go down, and listen to all of your questions. Great job! Love your work.

patricia August 27, 2010 at 3:12 AM  

It is awesome to see everything over here also. We learned so much already so can't imaging what you will learn in real.... Untill later greatings from the Netherlands
Patricia

Carly August 29, 2010 at 7:32 PM  

I've enjoyed seeing you on the video the past few days. You have amazing questions. I think that you'll be someone who will make it big!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP