Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Manuel

Photobucket
While Luisa and I were driving north to San Jose, we passed by a town called Jaco. On the outside of Jaco, there was this small village/town. It was one of my first real chances that I had taken at photographing the people of Costa Rica. This man named Manuel was one of the first, and was very kind.
Photobucket
At first, as I got out of the car, and asked him if I could take his photo, he was a bit concerned and really wanted to know why. I looked back and Luisa in the car, looking for help and for a translation. She helped the man understand that I was just taking photos of the people of Costa Rica. He was wonderful! He just sat there and let me take photos. And as I can get carried away when I have a subject as amazing as this man, near the end, I think he just about cracked. In the middle of photographing his hands, out of no where, this man who had been very serious previous to this, busted up laughing, almost uncontrollably. He was literally rocking in his chair just laughing. The picture below I caught while I was on the ground taking photos of his hands. Great man!
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comments:

Pappa Perkes May 18, 2010 at 8:06 PM  

You know I have been a big fan of these photos you took of this man! BEAUTIFUL! POWERFUL!

Great work. Mom and I love, especially the first photo . . . but they are all wonderful. The one of him laughing is very special too.

--Pops

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP