Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Taste of the Past

SO...for those of you that don't know, I served a mission in South Africa. I think this is where my passion and love for photography began. I had a companion who had a VERY old SLR camera, you know, the ones that you crank and wind and unwind yourself, where you set your own shutter speed, apature and speed of film...all...manually. I LOVED that camera. I had a blast. Unfortunately, it had some a few problems, like the apature wouldn't close when I took the picture, so for those of you who know camera's, when I thought I was shooting on an f5.6 or f11, I was really shooting on about an f1.4. So you can imagine my overexposed and VERY shallow depth of field shots. Anyways, enough of the mumbo jumbo talk...I believe Africa will make ANYONE a great photographer. My dream is to go back with my Nikon and take literally thousands of pictures. But here are just a few pictures from when I first began in photography. These were all developed and then scanned in, so the quality isnt the best. But enjoy!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

Ken and Jen Perkes April 1, 2009 at 8:19 PM  

Great photos, Nate!

You may not have had your great camera back then, but you certainly had your eye!

I too look forward to when you can return to Africa as a photographer. I would gladly go with and carry your bags!

--Pops

Debra James April 3, 2009 at 11:30 AM  

Let us know when you're on your way, open arms this side!

Buckley April 17, 2009 at 10:00 PM  

These pictures are incredible. I can't wait to buy your first book with pictures of the true Africa.

-Buck

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP