Saturday, October 10, 2009

Josh and Lacey's Wedding!!!

These last few days have been too much fun! Luisa and I drove down to American Fork UT to go to some our awesome friends, Josh and Lacey's wedding. It was such a fun time. I wasn't the "photographer" which was actually the funnest part. I got to enjoy the whole trip and wedding without being stressed out about pictures. It was perfect. I loved taking "background" photographs because I was able to do things that I usually wouldn't do. I was able to experiment with new techniques, styles and angles, enabling myself to step outside of my normal comfort zone without the pressure of being the wedding photographer. While I would normally be shooting group formals, I was able to shoot people watching and much more candid shots. I think my favorite thing was almost hiding beind people, as if I wasn't there, and then shooting over people's heads at whatever the scene played out, hopefully creating the sense, that as you view the photograph, you almost feel like you're there in between the crowd. It was a blast, and Josh and Lacey were the coolest, most chill and fun bride and groom in the world. The wedding was an absolute blast. So here are some of my favorite shots. Hope you enjoy!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

Ken and Jen Perkes October 10, 2009 at 3:23 AM  

Several of these are very nice. I like the editorial nature of the photo of them coming out of the temple: it has much written in their facial expressions. I also like the compressed photo of the line . . . many smiles! Mom and I especially like the photo of Josh and his little sister [we assume]--two very different emotions going on. And not sure who the young woman is, but her close up is stunning!

--Dad

Nate Perkes October 10, 2009 at 1:11 PM  

Both pictures of the girl are Josh's little sister. She's adorable, and her and Josh have been really close growing up.

Nate

Denece October 12, 2009 at 7:47 PM  

These pictures are amazing Nate! Wow - the one of Josh and Sadie made me cry! Way to go.... I would love to have a CD of them so I can have some made up for my walls and also to send some to Taylor. I have to say - Sadie is beautiful! I'm a proud Mommy!!! It was so great to have you and your beautiful Luisa stay with us. You are always welcome. We love you!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP