Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day

Now I know that I'm a day late, but I wanted to do a special Father's Day post for my "Papa Smurf". As I continue to grow older and older, I realize more and more how similar I am to my Dad and how our personalities are near identical. I think most of my brothers would agree that I am the most alike our Father. Now some people, including my Dad, would probably warn me about these similarities, and how dangerous they could potentially be. But I don't think there is anyone that I'd want to be more like. When I think of my Dad, I think of the most caring, selfless, hilariously funny and optimistic man in the world. A man that views beauty in everything around him, even if it's impossible for any other human eye to see. I think anyone that knows Dad would agree that he might be the happiest man in the world. Some of my favorite memories of Dad include hiking in the mountains numerous times, finding our river of green moss, and snorkling Salt Pond Bay on St. John SO SLOWLY as to not miss a single detail. I think some of my favorite memories of Papa Smurf have been when he constantly shows us that he can "hang with the boys," waterskiing, body surfing, or any other crazy game or sport we boys put him up to, as he's ALWAYS up for the challenge. So, recently I've had the oppurtunity to sneak in a few pictures of the most supportive and amazing father ever and I wanted to share them with you all. Here's to the most amazing workout buddy, friend, partner in crime, and crazy Dad ever! Love you "Pops"...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

What a handsome devil he is!

2 comments:

Luisa June 22, 2009 at 12:10 PM  

"Can everyone just take a good long look at that man? HE'S STUNNING!" I would have to agree with Max, and with every word that Nate had to say about his Dad. I'm convinced that my "in-laws" are one of the greatest blessings of my marriage to one of their amazing sons.

You did fantastic in capturing the light and life of Dad, Nate. Good job!

Love,
Your Adoring Wife

Ken and Jen Perkes June 22, 2009 at 5:32 PM  

The pictures are a little scary . . . but the tribute is one of the sweetest thing ever said of me! Seriously, Nate, being your Dad has been--and continues to be--a joy that few men will be privileged to ever know! And to think that some of my crazy traits might live on in someone like you is . . . well . . . much more than I can express in a blog post. Thanks, so much, bud.

--Dad

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP