Thursday, April 23, 2009

HDR Photography!

This past week or so, I've been experimenting with HDR (High Dynamic Range) photography. Basically, it's where you take from 3-7 different exposures for one shot, and combine them all in a program so you have a fully exposed image, meaning no washed out background or silhouetted subjects from bright back lighting. I downloaded a trial program to see if it was something I'd like to experiment more with, so you can see the logo left on each picture from the "trial" version of the program. Overall, I loved the effects I got from the program. Some of them are very "surreal" or even fake looking, which is great if that's what you're going for. All of the photo's have almost no editing done to them. I've just put them straight through an HDR program called Photomatix. So enjoy these different looking pictures and let me know what you think.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


So overall, I really loved working with HDR in Photomatix. And while HDR is REALLY helpful sometimes for getting the look I would want, I don't want to use it all the time. My favorite is still just the good ol' regular digital photography. But what a fun program to play with!!!

2 comments:

Luisa April 23, 2009 at 7:08 PM  

Gorgeous. They look like they belong on the default pictures that computers have to put on your desktop. You're amazing.

That's my boy.
Your Adoring Wife

Buckley May 21, 2009 at 10:15 AM  

Nate-

I think it is amazing! I was reading about this program that did that the other day and thought the colors were amazing. Your pictures each seem to tell a story. Keep it up.

Buck

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP